Sunday, December 14, 2008

SCHOOL RELATED POST #9 - Poetry Slamtacular

On day one of this night class,
the professor drove up many a hope.
He promised to enlighten us with management;
Did he think he was the pope?



He also promised an unforgettable semester.
He did this after saying his hello.
I must admit I'll never forget
making a mess playing with jell-o.

We came up with new wacky jell-o ideas.
All this was under the guise of brainstorming.
Someone thought of a jell-o after-school program.
I could already feel the management cells forming.



Through a curve, drop, and extra credit,
as well as decision making that was unanimous and firm,
Many students managed their time by not studying
for that multiple matching second midterm.



I learned about organizational structure.
This knowledge I applied to work.
I told my boss our structure was functional.
But he didn't care, as he's kind of a jerk.



Through teamwork we got through those class activities.
Dominant, influential, conscientious, stable.
Though we all had varying personalities,
We each brought something different to the table.



So what is this science we call management?
Motivation? Innovation? Something from this list?
Power? Planning? Leading? Controlling?
Trying to define it is getting me pissed.



The truth is that management is just too broad.
For one semester it's a lot to learn.
This subject really does interest me,
but I can't guarantee that textbook won't burn.



I think I got an A on this blog assignment.
That plan went off without a hitch.
Still, writing so much is hard.
This blog assignment's been a real bitch.




Thank you.

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

now that was slamtacular

Unknown said...

i like the 3rd picture!
interesting rhyme scheme.